Jun 27, 2011

ゼノギアス:ビリー・リー・ブラック (11-year improvement?)


Xenogears' Billy Lee Black 

I doubt anyone remembers this videogame from the PS1 days, but I remember watching my brother playing it, and my cousin in Japan getting obsessed with it. I still have the soundtrack and the 'Perfect Works' artbook of it. 

Haaa... Recently I was kind of cleaning up my 'art studio' (aka my former bedroom), and happened to find a small, blank page journal that housed... my earlier, beginning days of drawing the anime/manga-style in High School. ><;
The rest of the pages were blank (I used only about 5 or 10 pages to draw...). I cringed when I saw that, so I avoided those pages like the plague, until I decided to use the opportunity to just re-draw those awful  things and see if I've improved. I can't tell if I have or not... Well, okay. Lineart-sketch-wise, yeah.
See, unlike in Japan, where kids are drawing anime-styled stuff since they were kids, I started when I was 16-17 years old... no, wait... maybe slightly younger then that. When Sailor Moon got re-aired again in the US, and when Tokyopop (formerly Mixx Magazines) brought CLAMP's "Magic Knight Rayearth" over...

Here's to 10 more years and further of improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment